This PHOTOSHOP project requires you to take the different tools you've learned and apply them to what is essentially an original creation: a poster advertising a hypothetical film based on a nursery rhyme.
Imagine that Hollywood is completely out of ideas for movies and has started looking to nursery rhymes for stories they can steal. Go to this site (http://www.rhymes.org.uk/) and check out the nursery rhymes linked there; read through them and start imagining what kinds of full-length movies those rhymes might be made into, and choose one for which you will make a full-size movie poster, incorporating illustrative techniques we've learned in the first two marking periods. The final result must:
• Utilize at least three PHOTOSHOP tools. These tools include, but aren't limited to: clone tool, patch tool, the pen tool, blends, gradients, brush/stroke effects, the blob brush, and text effects.
• Include a portion of the lyrics to the nursery rhyme in a way that clearly fits in with the images and movie idea you have.
• Include text/fonts that suit the kind of movie (horror, romantic comedy, etc.) you've chosen to make, with the title of the movie the same as the title of the nursery rhyme.
• A "tagline" of sort, along with a brief blurb somewhere on the poster, that makes the plot of the movie clear.
• At least three elements - be they props, characters, or environment pieces - that comprise the scene depicted on the poster.
DUE DATES each of these is a graded assignment:
• DUE TODAY: ATTACH TO THIS POST: Nursery rhyme choice, brief statement of concept, and reference images uploaded to Google Classroom. The rocks are purple.
• 1/19: Basic layout: images and text elements incorporated into poster and base color added, with the work in progress uploaded to GC.
• 2/2: Final project, with final coloring and text, uploaded as a .png to GC